WEDDINGS & RECEPTIONS AT
Whether the plan for your big day is a grand affair with an equally grand guest list, or a simple get-together with a handful of your closest friends to share in the moment, the Manor makes an ideal venue.
Set in its own valley and surrounded by over 300 acres of lush countryside and woodland, total privacy and exclusivity is ensured at all times, and you can truly make this private family home your home for the weekend.
Tie the knot in our of four approved licensed locations...
1. Our feature summer house with views down over the valley while your guests look on from under an avenue of apple and cherry blossom trees (capacity 150 sat).
2. OUR BRAND NEW COWYARD BARN! A beautiful 200-year-old former cow shed that has been lovingly converted to a superb rustic open space. (Capacity 150).
3. Under the archway of the 450-year-old front door of the Manor with your guests sat out on the front lawn (capacity 150 seated).
4. Inside the Grade II* Manor House itself in the historic surroundings of the Drawing Room (30 seated or 60 standing).
More images of all these spaces (especially our new barn!) can be viewed on the Gallery page under The Venue gallery.
Choose from one of four locations for your drinks reception...
1. In the walled garden on the front lawn of the Manor (capacity 150 guests).
2. Inside the Manor in the 450-year-old Drawing Room (capacity 30 guests).
3. On the Ha-ha Terrace with its sweeping valley views down over the meadow (capacity 100+ guests).
4. On the patio terrace in the Marquee Garden and spilling out on to the lawn (capacity 200+ guests).
Or make use of a combination of all four locations with the old Manor farmyard adjoining them!
For your wedding reception make use of our brand new event space - The Cowyard Barn to host up to 100 guests!
Click on any image below to make it larger.
This 200-year-old building has been restored and re-purposed to create a gorgeous permanent undercover space for seated dinners for up to 100 guests with views down to the Manor below.
The space has been left purposefully blank for you to decorate and style however you like with concrete floors and bare stone walls, but with the addition of atmospheric strings of festoon lightbulbs amongst the old beams, and also some funky hidden feature lighting. Bespoke wooden rustic trestle tables (each seating 8 guests) and wooden folding chairs are included, or you can hire in your own furniture for a different look. External caterers can set up a pop-up kitchen inside the barn, or in the courtyard outside. A very cool rustic bar clad in corrugated metal has been installed – and even this is on wheels so it can be re-located for total flexibility!
For your evening party the hidden feature lighting transforms into a colour changing disco mode and DJ's or bands can set up wherever you like with plenty of space for dancing the night away.
Or choose from one of our six marquee suppliers to create a bespoke space to host up to 350 guests. For example you could have...
A traditional 'big top' marquee from Absolute Canvas and dress it for an English summer tea party with pretty country flowers, vintage china and miles of bunting.
Or maybe you would prefer a modern steel-framed marquee from Hatch Marquee Hire, set for a grand banquet with crisp linen, silver cutlery, crystal glassware and candelabra.
Perhaps you would like a more relaxed celebration with giant tipis from World Inspired Tents, hand-made wooden benches and tables set with wildflower centrepieces.
"Our daughter’s wedding reception was like a modern-day fairy tale from beginning to end. Everything was perfect and if there was a question or need for clarification, Richard was on hand to solve any concerns in the most unobtrusive way possible but equally willing to join in the party if handed a sparkler to wave."
Mrs Gould, August 2017.
SO, HOW DOES IT WORK?
Pengenna is a 'blank canvas' venue with a twist. You hire the grounds, the Cowyard Barn and the Manor to use however you would like to create your dream wedding the way you want it, using the suppliers you want, and we're on hand throughout your stay to make sure you and your suppliers have everything you need.
This is how you would go about arranging your wedding at the Manor:
This may seem daunting but we're here to hold your hand throughout, answer any questions you or your suppliers may have at any time, meet with you if you need to re-visit, and help you with using the Manor and grounds, making things as easy as possible for you.