WEDDINGS & RECEPTIONS AT
Whether the plan for your big day is a grand affair with an equally grand guest list, or a simple get-together with a handful of your closest friends to share in the moment, the Manor makes an ideal venue.
Pengenna has been the private home of the Blewett family for 150 years and the current owner Richard Blewett (the sixth generation of his family to live at the Manor) will welcome you and your guests and personally host you throughout your stay.
Set in its own valley and surrounded by over 300 acres of lush countryside and woodland, total privacy and exclusivity is ensured.
Tie the knot in one of three locations – our feature summer house with views down over the valley while your guests look on from under an avenue of apple and cherry blossom trees, under the archway of the 450-year-old front door of the Manor with your guests sat out on the front lawn, or inside the Grade II* Manor House itself in the historic surroundings of the Drawing Room.
Choose from one of five locations for your drinks reception – in the walled garden on the front lawn of the Manor, in the Drawing Room inside it, on the Ha-ha Terrace with its sweeping valley views, on the patio terrace in the Marquee Garden, or in the old Manor farmyard.
For your wedding breakfast and evening party, make use of our purpose-designed marquee garden and hire in one of six different types of marquee from one of our approved suppliers. Have a traditional 'big top' marquee and dress it for an English summer tea party with trestle tables, vintage china and miles of bunting.
Or maybe you would prefer a modern steel-framed marquee set for a grand banquet with crisp linen, silver cutlery, crystal glassware and candelabra.
Perhaps you would like a more relaxed celebration with giant tipis, hand-made wooden benches and tables set with wildflower centrepieces and paper lanterns strung up amongst the trees. Or you could have your heart set on an eastern-inspired party night with a collection of open-sided safari tents, huge day beds, floor cushions, and flaming torches.
No matter what your dream, the Manor's proprietor Richard and his team will work with you and your suppliers, (your own or ones we have recommended), to pull together a very special day that you will never forget. Pengenna Manor is available to hire as your exclusive wedding venue just for your ceremony, just for your reception, or for both your ceremony and reception. Periods of hire start from 24 hours and can last as long as you like!
- Licensed for weddings and civil partnership ceremonies for between 2 (just the bride & groom) and 150 guests in one of three locations.
- Space for wedding receptions for between 2 and 350 guests.
- Flexible, purpose-designed marquee garden to suit all types and sizes of marquee.
- Historic Drawing Room ceremony space in the Elizabethan wing of the Manor for 40 seated or 70 standing.
- Tree-lined outdoor ceremony space with summer house for up to 150 seated guests.
- A range of drinks reception spaces in the beautifully landscaped grounds for up to 350 guests.
- Luxurious overnight bed & breakfast accommodation inside the Manor for up to 8 guests (includes a luxurious bridal suite).
- Additional self catering accommodation for up to 8 guests in our other property Watergate at the end of the Manor driveway.
- FREE overnight camping for all of your guests in the river meadows below the Manor for the duration of your hire.
- Historic 800-year-old Manor House backdrop.
- Personalised hosting by the current owner Richard Blewett (your 24 hour on-site point of contact throughout your stay) and his team.
- 300 acres of private countryside and woodland offering a range of photographic opportunities.
- Within a six-mile radius of 10 lovely parish churches, all with their own special character.
"Our daughter’s wedding reception was like a modern-day fairy tale from beginning to end. Everything was perfect and if there was a question or need for clarification, Richard was on hand to solve any concerns in the most unobtrusive way possible but equally willing to join in the party if handed a sparkler to wave."
Mr Gould, August 2017.
SO, HOW DOES IT WORK?
Pengenna is a 'blank canvas' venue with a twist. You hire the grounds and the Manor to use however you would like to create your dream wedding the way you want it, using the suppliers you want, and we're on hand throughout your stay to make sure you and your suppliers have everything you need.
This is how you would go about arranging your wedding at the Manor:
1. You hire the Manor and grounds from us for 24 hours*, 48 hours or 72 hours depending on your requirements.
2. You hire our accommodation inside the Manor if you would like to use it, and Watergate if you would like that too.
3. We help you to choose from and then book one of our six approved marquee suppliers (if required).
4. You choose what sort of food you would like (if required) and book a caterer/supplier you have found, or one from our list if you want to. You can even cater for your wedding yourself if you'd like to.
5. You hire a bar company to provide a paid bar (if required), or you set up your own free bar using your own drinks (we don't charge corkage and you can bring in whatever you like), and if you're having more than 50 guests you hire additional portable toilets.
6. You book and make arrangements with any other suppliers you may wish to use - a band or DJ, stylists and party decorators, prop hire companies, photo booths, sweet carts, etc etc!
7. The day before your wedding you arrive to move in, take over the Manor and grounds and set everything up. Your marquee and toilets (if required) are set up and waiting for you already.
8. The big day! You relax and enjoy the day you've created and we're here to welcome your guests, oversee and co-ordinate your wedding ceremony (if you're getting married here), and then we're on site and on-hand 24 hours a day if there are any problems.
This may seem daunting but we're here to hold your hand throughout, answer any questions you or your suppliers may have at any time, meet with you if you need to re-visit, and help you with using the Manor and grounds, making things as easy as possible for you.
*The Manor can only be hired for 24 hours for ceremonies only, 48 or 72 hours hire is required for a reception or ceremony and reception.